Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Weiter
AutorNachricht
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7116
Bewertungssystem : 91

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo Okt 17, 2010 11:43 am

2 of 17 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-10 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, October 9, 2010
By SunlitSoul - See all my reviews

This review is from: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD)

To begin, let me get something out of the way. I’m a avid fan to the series. I have reading the light novels, I watched Seasons 1 and 2 as they aired from Japan, and I even buy the manga; please some kind manga company release The Vanishment of Nagato Yuki-chan. I really love the source material, the characters, and the universe itself. Unfortunately, now, I need to get on to the unpleasant business at hand. “Season 2″, actually the second part of Japan’s season 1, is absolutely dreadful and left me in a state of absolute horror.

How is that possible, for a long time fan, and supporter of this franchise to say such? It’s quite simple my friends, let me explain. The first episode of the series, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was an absolute brilliant start and had me in intense high hopes that my wait would pay off. I wish I could say that BLRs quality and excellence of storytelling was indicative of the rest of the season. Unfortunately, my hopes were to be smashed quicker than Britney Spears first marriage. I was introduced to the absolute terror that was Endless Eight.

Most people are familiar with the film Groundhogs Day, i’d hope? If not, go out and buy it; because a DVD of that is bound to be more entertaining and cause you less pain than Endless Eight does. The concept is exactly the same, where Kyon is stuck in a time loop where he relives the same events over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Kyoto Animation, trying to be cunning like with their out of order broadcast of the first season, created a monster that lives you in despair; there’s really no other word for it.

Each episode play out slightly different, with characters having different outfits and with the camera angles being different on scenes. However, the content of the episode remains exactly the same, and plays out a total of eight times; easily proving to be the greatest waste of animation, time, and budget since Delgo. Kyoto Animation played on peoples hopes of even getting more episodes of this series, JUST to spend the majority of the season on repeating the same content 8 times.

The remaining episodes of the season, which is the five episode story arc called The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya. Unfortunately, for individuals like me who read the light novel, said story is easily the weakest Haruhi story to date. For those that watched season 1, you’ll remember the quirky “first episode” entitled The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00. This story is the filming and creation of the SOS-dan’s film, which unfortunately means in a lot of ways it’s a retelling of that episode. So, when you add it all up? 13 episodes of the season are basically not new material, leaving Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody to be the only real new episode in “season 2″.

That’s it, just one single episode out of a 14 episode boxset. This then brings us to the point of the MSRP of this set, for 14 episodes they want to charge 65 dollars; brought down to 61, by Amazon. If this season had been fantastic, with 100 percent new content sure I can imagine there’d be no hesitation to buy this set. However, you are going to be spending about 37 dollars JUST on Endless Eight. Yes, you are throwing away nearly 40 dollars to see the same content 8 times. In turn, you’ll be spending 23 dollars on Sigh; which as I pointed out earlier isn’t truly new content either.

Do yourself a favor, and save yourself that money. Use it instead to buy the hard cover versions of the light novels that are currently available on Amazon. You can also take the remaining money, and invest in some of Funimation’s new S.A.V.E anime boxsets. My personal recommendation is you invest in Kanon, and AIR; two series that were both animated by Kyoto Animation and are equal or greater quality to Suzumiya Haruhi.

I’m begging you, if you like this franchise don’t give it any money. Bandai doesn’t deserve to make any money off of Endless Eight, and let’s be realistic are you really going to want to rewatch this boxset after you buy it?

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
https://sosbrigaden.forumieren.de
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo Okt 17, 2010 1:58 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Endless Eight is a Masterpiece!, October 17, 2010
By J - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD)

I'm sure you've heard by now of the infamous "Endless Eight" story arc that took place during the second season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. "The same episode eight times," according to angry fans. Some people felt that KyoAni were betraying or torturing their fanbase, pushing even the most hardcore Haruhi otaku to the limit.

I, on the other hand, thought it was simply brilliant. Not once did I feel that I was watching the "same" episode over again. The only thing that is the same are the events that are happening. Other than that, everything else is completely different. The animation, the clothing, the angles, the pacing and the mood, the way the events are happening. Each episode has it's own distinct feeling to it.
You have to understand that the each episode was completely animated from scratch, and on top of that, the voice acting is redone for every single episode because the dialogue is not exactly the same, only similar. The way the lines are said, and the wording of every line is different every time, creating a completely new experience.
Also, each episode was assigned to eight different teams to create, which only further makes each episode unique.

This series is known for being original and unconventional, and also for it's humor and wit. It's the reason fans fell in love with the show in the first place. What they have done here is something that has never been done before in anime. It is extremely clever and creative, and at the same time humorous. The fact that they re-animated the same story eight separate times is ingenious. Who else could of thought of something like this?
They also acknowledge the repetition, constantly poking fun at it in different ways such as leaving lines out for viewers to finish, showing scenes without having to explain it, or by placing the word "endless" in the background of episodes.

Endless Eight will, without a doubt, be remembered, regardless of whether you hated it, or loved it.
They've completely pushed the boundaries with this and have done something truly unique and innovative.
I can only say that it's such a shame that more people couldn't appreciate the brilliance of it.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDi Okt 19, 2010 8:28 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-4-0._V192240704_ HARUHI "THE GAP FILLER SEASON", October 18, 2010
By C. HILL (UK) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Season 2 was a long time coming and it was nice to find out that Haruhi was back.
However the entire season was move or less a prologue of things to come & gap filler.
The highlight of the second season was the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody which was what the fans where after and the first episode, then came the Endless Eight <><> arc ...
I watched the Original broadcasts and watching the same story for 2 months! wasn't all that fun. Sad
Fortunatly it did end on a sort of high with the making of Episode 00.
The Sigh of arc, it definately had alot of tension which the the other episodes missed and was warmly welcomed.

Overall it was a good 2nd season but after the epic 1st it felt a little disappointing. Heres hoping the Disappearance & Chan DVD releases revitalise the Haruhism Smile

The US Release features
# All 14 Episodes (Bamboo Rhapsody, 8x Endless Eight & 5x The Sigh of)
# Full English Dub by Season 1 Cast & Japanese original cast
# The ASOS Brigade 1-4 (Featuring my friend Cristina Vee)

&...
A secret bonus CD of Super Driver & Tomare! (Stop) By Hirano Aya (Would have liked Cristina's Versions also)

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo Okt 28, 2010 11:29 am

Initial post: Oct. 25, 2010 12:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct. 25, 2010 12:12 AM PDT
Maka Alban schrieb:
Good review. I hope they make a third season.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct. 25, 2010 1:00 AM PDT
C. HILL schrieb:
I ordered that 2 days ago. regarding the film its NTSC J DVD release is Early December no other date as yet
Chan IS out but only from Bandai direct or via amazons seller place by Bandai at $20 for part 1 of 2.
Finally regarding Season 3 its expected to show spring/summer 2011 but this is based on a current turnout...
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeFr Okt 29, 2010 11:06 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 2 Half a season worth of good content at best., October 28, 2010
By Wade (USA) - See all my reviews

This could have easily been a 4 to 5 star season if not for that Endless 8 arc. The animation in all episodes is great as was the voice acting I thought. Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody and The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya are both good. The Endless 8 arc could have been great too had it not been for the over the top and excessive abuse of the whole time loop concept.

Having character's stuck in a time loop has been done by plenty of other shows and games before, but never rehashed to this degree. Recognizing the character's are stuck in a time loop and sympathizing with their dilemma is one thing. Me feeling like I'm stuck in a never ending time loop from watching it is another. All it would have really taken is 1 episode to let you see it before the dejavu effect. 1 episode of the character's having that dejavu feeling and building up the scenario and then the last episode of the scenario. Changing a spoken line, changing the tone of voice, changing the characters outfits, placing a funny message in the background or swapping hairstyles from episode to episode... while better than doing nothing for each of the 7 following episodes... is not enough to warrant around 3 hours of nearly identical content.

Comparing it to the movie Groundhog Day is also giving the Endless 8 arc way to much credit. Groundhog Day, from start to finish, was like 101 minutes long. Endless 8 arc is around 300 minutes long. In the 101 minutes of Groundhog Day it managed to introduce the characters, go through several extremely varied time loops and then bring the story to a good close. The character's going into the Endless 8 arc already have an entire season of character development on them and it does not bring the story to a close either. Yet it is over 3 times the entire length of Groundhog Day and has extremely little worthwhile differences between each episode of it. That is a complete and absolute waste of a person's time, money and truthfully quite ignorant to the fans. As other people who have pointed out in the other reviews, it wasn't like that in the novels, so why do it here.

So after shelling out the money for this you'll walk away with around a half season of a high quality show.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Nov 01, 2010 10:05 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-3-0._V192240710_ The Endess Eight make Season 2 painful. The episodes at the end just don't make up for it, go back to Season 1!, October 31, 2010
By Haunted Flower (Indianapolis) - See all my reviews

Gina reviews "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" Season 2 on DVD which just came out recently. It's about a girl in high school who has godlike powers but doesn't know it. She thinks everything about her is boring so she recruits some classmates to help her start an after school club to make things more interesting and fun called the SOS Brigade. Little does she know, three members of her club are an alien, a time traveler, and an esper!

Length:: 3:59 Mins

Click to watch this video

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi Nov 03, 2010 9:17 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-4-0._V192240704_ Fills in the Gaps..literally., November 3, 2010
By Underground Reborn "gnome" (ny) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

Hopefully you are already seen my first review of Haruhi Suzumiya. This show is such a blast to watch, but as I had written I was quite surprised how a show with such originality came to a screeching halt with so many unanswered questions. Well here we have season 2! The funny thing I have to say about season two is that it it's not really an official second season yet it does `fill in the gaps' so to speak.

This season takes place in different intervals between the original 14 episodes and that is something that I have grown to love in storytelling. It's very similar to Batman: Under The Red Hood. While giving us an entire epilogue this piece of the story gives us a few gap fillers that turn the original story of Death in the Family into a much deeper story it other pawns in play. So Haruhi does the exact same thing. Now I just want to say that you need to brace yourself for a spoiler alert. This season features the Episodes known as `The Endless 8' Yes you are pretty much going to see the same episode eight times with a few small differences, but it is probably one of the most original ideas to keep a story going and the best part is it will take you a little bit of time trying to figure out why it is happening.

While this season was just as entertaining I am still trying to find out where it is going. If you watch all the episodes in order you are still left with a few more of the same questions. Still, the major question I had was answered and that is that the crazy adventures of the S.O.S. Brigade are not through yet.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Nov 15, 2010 12:44 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-2-0._V192240756_ Great buy if you never watch season 1..., November 14, 2010
By Kiunch - See all my reviews

Season 2 included ALL episode from season 1, and half of the season 2 new episode are repeating time loop. The time loop story arc did not add any story or character development to the series. It is a waste of time and money, all you have to do is watch first and the last episode in the time loop arc.

I can see hardcore fans enjoy seeing their favorite character in different dress and swimsuit, but for people that love anime for its interesting story will feel betrayed or even scammed.

The other half of the new episodes are amazing. If you loved season 1, there are no reason not to watch season 2. However, overall I am very disappointed that the producer decided to add 70% of meaningless content to justify $60 price tag.

The next Haruhi movie timeline occur between the events in season 2, and about 2 and half hour long (about 5 episode). it really made fans wonder if they cut out those episode and warp it into a movie at the last minute, and fill the missing hole with the meaningless time loop episodes.

Again, I have to point out the new episodes are amazing. You just have to understand your only buying 7 episode here. However, if you never watch season 1 or have a fan that never tried Haruhi, this became an instant 5 Star recommendation.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Nov 15, 2010 1:06 pm

0 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-10 Not worth it, Nov 2 2010
By Void - See all my reviews

Ce commentaire est de: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Season 2 Complete Collection (DVD)

Let me start off saying I am a fan of Haruhi Suzumiya I picked up season 1 a few years ago just to see what the hype around the anime community was about and it was great. Funny and entertaining with good characters and each episode was something new, from sports teams to space battles. So when I stumbled onto season 2 here I was really excited and with the quality of the first one I had high hopes for this one. But my hope was crushed. There is really only 2.5 new stories in the hole season, ep1 was new, ep 2 through 9 is a time loop story where nothing changes but the characters clothing and small pieces dialogue an add scene in ep 4 and a new 5 min scene at the end of episode 9, and the last four episode are an extended version of one of season 1 stories it looked like they even reused some that episodes film. This box set is a waste of money and a major disappointment.

Report abuse
Comment

Hier im Reviewbereich finde ich die Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 weit unterschätzt und sogar ein gewollert Imageschaden der Season 2 Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya(2009) herbeigeführt. Warum? Die Staffel 2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009) ist nicht schlechter und sogar Erfolgsweiterführende wie die Season 1 und das Haruhi Movie Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu.
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Nov 15, 2010 1:48 pm

19 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-5-0._V192240867_ "Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Season 2" 11/08/10
By dudeman_07 United States - See all my reviews

This review is from: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Season 2 (DVD, 2010, Bundle of 5, 4 DVDs/CD)

This was an AMAZING buy!! I've always been a fan of the Haruhi Suzumiya series, and as soon as I found out the second season had FINALLY been dubbed, I knew I had to own it. And I was not disappointed. Everything that I had come to expect from the series was there; the quirkiness, the humor, and most of all, the SUPERLATIVE voice acting. I would highly reccommend this DVD set to any fan of Haruhi, and maybe even a few that haven't heard of it.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Nov 15, 2010 2:16 pm

13 of 15 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Mad, mad, mad, mad world... 9/14/2010
By Justin Aaron - See all my reviews

This review is from: BD The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Blu-ray Complete BOX First Release Limited Edition[Kadokawa Shoten]

I received the second season DVD boxset of The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya today. I'm about four episodes into it and I'm remembering all over again just why I love the hell out of this series so much. At first glance, it may appear to have many anime cliches involved, but you soon learn that there just isn't another series out there like this. It takes such crazy risks and always tries to go just far enough outside the box without going too far. And it's an almost perfect blend of "slice-of-life" and sci-fi, that there's enough to keep just about anyone hooked for a period of time.

I'm about halfway through the "Endless Eigtht" story arc, which, as the title suggest, is eight episodes that pretty much does the same thing over and over and over for that length, all while slightly changing certain scenes and spending more (or less) time on certain scenes to give you a broader view of everything with each passing episode. While some people didn't like this, I'm loving it for it's originality and creativity. It's difficult to make someone want to watch the same thing eight times over, but somehow, they pulled it off with me (so far). Can't wait to see how this plays out.

And on top of that, the final episodes in this collection are the "making of" of one of my all-time favorite anime episodes "EP 00 : The Adventures Of Magical Girl Mikuru Asahina" (the first episode chronologically in the series). I just know I'll be falling out of my couch laughing during that one.

I still have two of the light novels and one graphic novel in the Haruhi series to go through, so I've got plenty of stuff to keep me occupied during this little Haruhi run I'm having. Now I just need the Haruhi movie and the two YouTube Haruhi series to be released, and I'll be in Haruhi heaven.

Report abuse | Permalink
DVD Cover Pic
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Nov 15, 2010 2:56 pm

7 of 15 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-4-0._V192240704_ Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 DVD Complete Collection 11/9/2010
By Cohigo from Winnipeg Manitoba - See all my reviews

This review is from: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 DVD Complete Collection

Wel if those whom didnt see the first season of haruhi well who didnt but everyone had lol. But its a great show for the second season is good how ever there is a episode which it did lag for a long time. but its just the same thing over and over again though the whole show but once it ends it is a sigh of relif. but i love this show i do the voice actors they have retured oh yeah and that i did watch it all in english and they do alos metion acouple of anime in it hehe its true but i think there is a thrid one but i dont know about that one but its funny to hear it but its good but could of been even better if they cut short the time relaps episode but like i said its good and i do watch it over again

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo Nov 18, 2010 2:44 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-4-0._V192240704_ From one fan to another, November 17, 2010
By Mario M. - See all my reviews

Having finished season one I really couldn't wait for season 2 to come out on DVD. I really wanted to wait to watch the dubbed version since I thought all the voices (well maybe not Mikaru's) were pretty darn good, and since that would only happen if I bought the season box set, I refrained from watching it online.
Would I recommend it? Short answer: yes. If you're a fan of the show, the season is worth getting, though perhaps just marginally so for some since the price of $50 (what I paid anyway) is a bit steep.

Some things worth mentioning: I completely ignored the 'extras' since I didn't really like any from season one. So whether you would want that would depend on your own interests. The set comes with a bonus CD which has the songs 'Super Driver' and Tomare!' sung by Aya Hirano, Haruhi's voice actor. I enjoyed both those songs and having a hard copy disc of it is pretty nice. The box itself is a bit lame, with the discs stacked one on top of another in different 'pages' in order to fit them in a slightly oversized DVD box. Personally I would have liked the big box that my season one came in, but thats a negligable detail.

In regards to the actual episodes, I would assume that if you have heard anything about season two, it is the 'Endless Eight' episodes. I won't lie to you. it really is the same basic episode repeated eight times with almost identical dialogue, slightly different music and scenes from slightly different angles. It had its charm for a while, but by the time I got to the fifth part of it...I just started fast forwarding through the rest until the last one. I honestly cannot even being to think of what the show's creators where thinking with this weird idea, but its there and if you want the season box set, you are getting it. I don't think its so terrible as to warrant skipping completely, but my suggestion would be to watch every other episode. It is interesting enough to at least see a few.

Besides that strangeness, I think the other episodes are great. All of them are interesting and tie very nicely with things from season one without being really redundant. I don't see the point in going in to specifics with the episodes (I imagine you want to see them for yourselves), but they are definitely fun to watch and made the price tag worth it to me.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi Nov 24, 2010 3:36 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Infinity Loops and The Creative Process, November 23, 2010
By Franklin B Energy "Francis" (Santa Clara, CA United States) - See all my reviews

This review is from:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD)

While I felt taken aback by this season collection the first time I watched it,
I realized it is because it challenged me more to think and pay attention to
the details and recognize the value of the little things in life that really
matter.

I highly recommend to anyone who delights in the devils of the details,
because as much as it a pleasure to watch, it is so devilishly clever that
it may put you off if you're expecting the fun ride the first season presented
like an amusmement park for the brain.

This season also demands the viewer to 'get real', which is something we all
wouldn't have expected from the predeceding season, which was as much of an
escapist montage as you could ever expect from anime.

The confrontation in the second arc of the season between Kyon and Haruhi was
as close to getting real in the creative process as I've ever seen. I recall
differences from my own youth that paralled this situation, except that the
consequences were nothing beyond challenges and changes in relationships.

In any case, I sat through this with my two sons and watched every episode back-to-back
in a weekend marathon. It was much harder than I expected, but it was worth it -
every moment.

Plus, this season has repeat watch value which surpasses the first one, which doesn't
become clear until after several viewings.

Take my word for it, if you're a big fan, you MUST watch this season. You must.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Nov 29, 2010 10:25 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-4-0._V192240704_ A Decent Follow Up to Season One. Wait Until It Gets Cheaper Though!, November 29, 2010
By Bolivwx - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase (What's this?)

For those of you who consider purchasing this product, one thing to keep in mind is that these episodes do not take place after the events of the first season. Despite that fact, make sure to watch season one first! It introduces every important character, places them in tough situations, and it was the standalone season for over two years. Season 2 is nothing but a renewal from the antics of its predecessor; nevertheless, it still remains its top notch quality that the first season provided. Personally I do not agree with the aspect of Endless Eight. It's tedious and you would probably get the picture after watching a couple of episodes. If you choose to skip any of those episodes, I would suggest that you watch the first episode of Endless Eight, another one in the middle, and then the last episode to know how it ended! The rest of the episodes are informative, but they prelude to the horrific Episode Zero of Season One. I liked the DVD set because it has many extra features and it includes a short soundtrack that has both the opening and ending themes. So buy or rent? I chose to buy it because I found it for a cheaper price and I am a fan of the first season; otherwise, wait until it gets cheaper!

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMo Jan 17, 2011 4:27 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-10 DO NOT BOTHER WITH SEASON 2, JUST WATCH THE MOVIE!!!, January 16, 2011
By R. Wojciechowski - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

I just don't get it, season 1 was great! It had something for everyone, this is like the only anime that literally made me laugh out loud, and on top of that it had amazing action sequences and storyline. Season 2 is putting it VERY lightly ridiculous. It's like if somebody had a time machine and used it just to destroy every good feeling you have ever had in the past. The endless 8 is the WORST way to start a new season. I kept picking up and leaving it from 5 to 8 for the span of a month. By the time I got to the end of the 8 I just dropped all expectations from the rest of the season. Then the other part of the season just destroys the feelings that were built up of Haruhi being this innocent cute girl in the first season, and turn her into a complete b$#$h. This season brings NOTHING to the table, the only interesting part of the season was when mikuru got the power to shoot things with her eye, and even that is excess unneeded information. This season is not worth 50$, i wouldn't even begin to think about it unless it was close to 10$-15$.
Haruhi is still an interesting and fun anime, just disregard this season, and go watch the movie, hell the movie had a MUCH better story arc than this season.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment

Mein Kommentar dazu: Haruhi Season 1 und Season 2 also die Episoden sind weit besser und unterhaltsamer als das Haruhi Movie, das zur Zeit als einzige weitergang dieser Serie am meisten schwächelt. Wer also auf Mysterie und Spannung wie auch Fun hofft dem kann ich von etwas ernsterer Themen her Endless Eight sehr empfehlen. Also ich liebe Endless Eight und sehe es mir immer gerne an. Aber auch die anderen Episoden der Season 2 sind nicht zu verachten.
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDi Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-4-0._V192240704_ One of those days..., February 14, 2011
By L. - See all my reviews

While the Endless Eight story does get a bit repetitive, you'll notice the subtle differences in each episode (if you pay even the slightest attention) and the eventual conclusion of the storyline. The art is slightly different then the American season 1 but the overall quality is good. You only get 3 major storylines in this season, and after reading the manga, a season 3 and maybe even 4 can be expected. This is a good continuation of the series and while it will draw many displeased fans and haters with the Endless Eight, it is something I'd recommend to true fans of the series who can tell the difference between subtle variations.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo März 20, 2011 7:53 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Haruhi Suzumiya, March 20, 2011
By link - See all my reviews

The second season of the melancholy of haruhi Suzumiya was everything I expected. Amazing that's all I have to say.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi Apr 27, 2011 4:28 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-3-0._V192240710_ Season one was better, April 26, 2011
By Amanda (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews

Only has 4 storys in different episodes. And all of them are ones that happened durring or in between episodes from season one. Only the first and last are good. Their is one called "Endless Eight" it is 8 episodes of them doing THE SAME THING over and over and over and over..... The only difference is outfits. Turnes out they are stuck in a time loop and have been for almost 600 years. Poor Yuki can remember every single day of it.. It turns out what haruhi wanted to do was have a homework party...... 600 years for poor yuki and all she wanted was to hang out and do her homework. I wouldnt have paid so much if i knew it would suck so much. i guess its nice to say i own it but the first season is deffinatly better.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment

My Comment to this Review: Here these Reviews from Amazon only has 4 reviews in different that might be interessted. Only the three reviews are good. Their is oneyone people called "Endless Eight Haters" and they writed all her textes with THE SAME THING over and over and over and over..... The only difference is her names! Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi Apr 27, 2011 4:48 pm

4 of 7 people found the following review helpful:

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-10 Not worth it, Feb 2 2011
By Void - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Season 2 Complete Collection (DVD)

Let me start off saying I am a fan of Haruhi Suzumiya I picked up season 1 a few years ago just to see what the hype around the anime community was about and it was great. Funny and entertaining with good characters and each episode was something new, from sports teams to space battles. So when I stumbled onto season 2 here I was really excited and with the quality of the first one I had high hopes for this one. But my hope was crushed. There is really only 2.5 new stories in the hole season, ep1 was new, ep 2 through 9 is a time loop story where nothing changes but the characters clothing and small pieces dialogue an add scene in ep 4 and a new 5 min scene at the end of episode 9, and the last four episode are an extended version of one of season 1 stories it looked like they even reused some that episodes film. This box set is a waste of money and a major disappointment.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm

0 of 1 people found the following review helpful:

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-10 Disappointing, Jan 15 2011
By berrya (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Season 2 Complete Collection (DVD)

While I am usually all for theory and psychological twists, the Endless 8 was just too much and far too repetitive. It would have been OK if there was some kind of better reason for the repeat, but not doing summer homework, come on!? The remaining episodes were fine...but they'd be the only ones I'd buy. Skip over the set and just buy the last 5-6 episodes on their individual volumes, you'll keep your sanity that way.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment

Zuletzt von Haruhi Suzimiya am Mi Apr 27, 2011 4:58 pm bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi Apr 27, 2011 4:58 pm

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Season 2 Complete Collection (DVD)

The stories are great, but despite the number of episodes there's only three stories here (though one of them comprises an entire novel). This season has a different focus than the first. While the first season only deal with the cast dealing with "side-effects" of Haruhi's actions, in this season they have to deal with it directly, and of course Haruhi is completely oblivious to what she's causing.

The three stories are Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (a fantastic episode), Endless 8, and The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (the second novel). For some inexplicable reason, Kyoto Animation used eight episodes for Endless 8, and it's unfortunate (I can't figure out how they had the budget to pull that off). In the novel, you only read one iteration of it. It is a good story, actually, but it could have been achieved with one episode; the extra seven are really wasteful. The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya is the last five episodes, in the same manner that the first six episodes of the first season encompassed the first novel (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya). This is an absolutely excellent and entertaining story, and also takes place in the middle of the timeframe of the first season's stories.

The extras are great too, as they go through the real life city that the story takes place in, exploring the high school, the riverside, Nagato's apartment complex, the cafe they frequent, and so on. Frankly it makes up for the extra Endless 8 episodes.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
CMC
Gast

BeitragThema: http://www.therossman.com/rrr/anime/haruhi2.html   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi Mai 04, 2011 11:16 am

anime

Melancholy Season 2 and
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

(Reviewed on 01/19/2011)

The Disappearing ROSSMANI fell in love with Ms. Haruhi Suzumiya and her high school gang of weirdos (the SOS Brigade) when The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya first aired back in '06. It was one of the most unique set-ups, with some of the most brilliant characters and situations I had seen in a long time. Then I read through all the novelettes that the original author had out at the time. Then I waited for them to make an animated season 2. And I waited some more. Then I wondered just what the fuck Kyoto Animation Studio was doing. They were sitting on a goldmine of a franchise, and instead of just translating any of the other 9 books already out into animated small screen goodness, they made three years of crap before they got back around to drawing more Haruhi (okay, Lucky Star isn't crap per se, but it ain't no Melancholy). But then finally, in the summer of 2009 we got more. MUCH more than what we asked for (times EIGHT).

The new season of Haruhi Suzumiya started with one of my favorite stories from the original books: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. This one half-hour chapter crammed in a very full short story that could have easily been stretched into 2 pleasant episodes. They still caught all the emotional moments of the tale perfectly though, and this only made me even more excited to see just how much else they'd be able to cram into the new anime season! "Hell, we might even get a full interpretation of my FAVORITE Haruhi tale, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya," I hoped to myself.

Then came the next new animated episode: Endless Eight - Part 1. What the fuck? Part 1? Okay, I thought. That was a fun, 30-page short story. Endless Eight's tale was actually about the same size as Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, so I believed they'd just make two episodes of the Endless tale to capture the full effect of Kyon, Mikuru, Yuki, and Itsuki's misery at being stuck in Haruhi's repeating August (the eighth month) over 15,000 times. In fact, it was this repetition that was necessary to fully tell the story of Disappearance! The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya MUST be the big, multi-part anchor of the season! Now my hopes were even higher than before that this season would top the first! But then came the end of Endless Eight - Part 2, and there was no resolution to the plot. Anime fans the world over began to shit their pants in dread.

You've probably already heard of the full extent of the fiasco by now: Kyoto Animation — for some goddamn reason beyond ANY rationality — had gone on to make EIGHT Endless Eight episodes. Each one was the fucking same story, told with only very slightly different variations each time: Kyon is having a great, very relaxed summer vacation when he gets a call from Haruhi to meet the rest of the SOS Brigade for some forced summer activities. They continue with Haruhi's list of fun stuff all through the last two weeks of August, and on the final day of the break, Kyon goes to sleep ignoring his summer homework, and wakes up with two weeks of summer vacation left, a horrible sense of deja vu, and Haruhi calling him and telling him to get ready for a two week funfest before classes resume in September.

But the kicker to this story is that Studio Kyoto didn't just reuse the same animation and the same voice acting for each repeating episode.... No, that would have made too much goddamn sense, and maybe would have allowed them to animate more (and better) Haruhi stories with their season budget. Instead they freshly animated each Endless Eight chapter with new camera angles and new clothes for everybody in each scene, and had the cast record new (almost imperceptibly different) lines for each episode too. They wasted SO MUCH quality animation and talent, and EIGHT WEEKS (TWO GODDAMN MONTHS!) of precious air time in order to pull off the world's most expensive and pissing-on-their-fans TROLLING in the history of television. Anime die-hards all over the world kept wondering if the following week we'd get a new plot.... Or hopefully the next week.... Or (please GOD) the next... But to no avail. Some fans got really into the Endless Eight though, and they began noting all the changes in each episode: like "this week Kyon wore a yellow shirt with a collar, and they went to the pool instead of bug hunting, and Kyon and Mikuru were the ones who felt something was off..." But these people were/are morons.

So as it came to pass, the glory that was Haruhi Suzumiya was tainted like a virgin bride getting tag-teamed and anally raped on the night before her wedding, and then showing the video of the perverted act during the reception — the luster was gone, and nobody could look at it the same way again. Who in their right mind actually thought this was a good idea? Who thought 8 wasted weeks of the SAME EPISODE (blowing all the expensive resources of a new episode for each one too) was anything close to something that the general public wanted to see? I loved it when the guy who was fired from Studio Kyoto after making the original Haruhi series and 4 eps of Lucky Star (who went on to make the enjoyable Kannagi) was the ONLY PERSON to come forth and apologize for the Endless Eight. He said something along the lines that it was partially his fault because he was let go from the company, and he might have been able to stop it if he had been allowed to stay. To this day Studio Kyoto STILL thinks that they did nothing wrong.

Finally, after getting through all 8 Endless Eight chapters of the anime, we got something new... But it was too late; we (as a fan base) had lost faith. The final storyline of the season (The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya) was a fun one (as it dealt with Haruhi and company actually making the movie that we saw in the very first episode of the first series), but by then I was just watching it simply to get through it. Endless Eight almost completely jaded me to anything Haruhi-related, and that made me sad. There were so many long storylines, and even a ton of short stories that they could have filled in the space that Endless Eight took up. Honestly, if they could cram Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody into a half hour, they could have easily done the same with Endless Eight. The world would still be singing Haruhi's praises. The only thing that made me feel better about the whole ordeal though was the announcement that came at the last episode of the new season: they were turning The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya into a feature film. But I still had to wait a full year and a half for that beauty to hit theaters and then come out on Blu-ray to actually watch it myself.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Well, that year and a half came and stumbled off like a drunk Japanese business man (who then proceeded to vomit on his equally sloshed boss' imported Italian loafers), and late this past December I sat down and watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, and when I was done I looked up at the clock and couldn't believe my eyes. I had just turned it on at 9:40 that night, and the clock said it was now 12:20 the next day. That sure as fuck couldn't be right... The flick had only been an hour and a half at most, I was sure of it. I then started the movie up again and fast forwarded to the end to read the timer, only to find it was indeed a 2 hour and 40 minute feature. And even at that runtime I wanted more. THAT, motherfuckers, is how you write and direct a Haruhi Suzumiya story. You keep it constantly moving forward, keep Kyon at the forefront, and DON'T REPEAT THE SHIT OUT OF IT EVERY 24 MINUTES FOR EIGHT TIMES IN A ROW!

The Disappearance of Haruhi is what it's all about. Things start off in mid December in Haruhi time (about a month after the cultural festival) with Haruhi making plans for the whole SOS Brigade to throw themselves a party in their club room on Christmas Eve. Kyon is his usual self about the whole affair (he's sarcastic to the idea and wonders how much fun it'll actually be for him, considering he's usually Haruhi's bitch-boy during these events), but on the morning of the 18th he goes to school and finds his world flipped upside down as nobody in his class knows who Haruhi is, Ryoko is still alive and sitting right behind him (Ryoko being the psycho alien who tried to kill Kyon in the first TV series), Yuki is just a glasses-wearing, quiet bookworm who's afraid of her own shadow, and Mikuru and her friend Tsuruya think he's a crazy stalker.

Knowing something has gone wrong with his timeline/dimension (with Kyon finally becoming the "slider" that Haruhi had always been searching for), Kyon starts going mad when he can't figure out what to do to set it all back to "normal," or if he even wants things back to how they were, seeing as this strange new world he finds himself in is actually a whole lot saner than the one he knew, and not filled with any strange beings that might try to end him on occasion.

That's all I'll tell you about the movie. It's just one of those fantastic stories that takes everything you've learned before about a world and a group of characters you love, and makes it all fresh and interesting and new. It's filled to the brim with intrigue and great people moments as we watch Kyon try to piece the mystery of the Haruhi-less alternate dimension together. "Whose responsible this?!" What does it mean? Why is Kyon the only one who remembers the world as it was just a few days before? Goddammit, just watch the flick for yourself. It's just more of what you loved about the original TV series.

Oh, and the story itself is as deep as anything Mamoru Oshii ever put together (including Ghost in the Shell, Avalon, Beautiful Dreamer, etc), but unlike anything by Oshii it's not preachy about anything at all. You probably won't even notice the fact that you just tripped philosophical-like for over two and a half hours until you think back on it.

The character development in Disappearance is absolutely epic as well; we learn more about Kyon, Yuki, and Haruhi in this tale than we have in all the other previous chapters combined. Finding out what makes Yuki tick is actually the best reason to want to read or watch The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, just like watching her get fucked with her legs spread wide and her blank expression still on her face is the best reason to look up any Haruhi doujinshi.

And on top of all that, Disappearance has now become one of my all-time favorite Christmastime movies. I shall definitely be watching this thing every year along with Gremlins, Die Hard, Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, Always My Santa, and Nightmare Before Christmas. Yes, the basic premise is fairly It's a Wonderful Life-ish, but it really becomes its own beautiful thing fairly quickly, and does more for the "wishing one's life away only to immediately regret it" genre than anything I've seen since the original Wonderful Life (and it's tied right up there with the Married... With Children Christmas special It's a Bundyful Life for being the greatest tale of the sort of all time). And that's all I have to say about that... Well, except for the actual rating below.

So, what'd I think of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya? Melancholy Season 2 was less than 50% fresh, and that really pissed me off and tainted my view of the remaining episodes. DAMN YOU, Endless Eight, and may the "genius" who came up with that massive fan-trolling effort watch his family get eviscerated by demons in the underworld for all eternity. The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya though, well it was the stuff that awesome legends are made of. It was everything the original series was, and more. I give Melancholy Season Two "7 out of 14 Rings of Power." The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya though gets "14 out of 14 Rings of Power."

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo Jul 10, 2011 6:59 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-2-0._V192240756_ endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8, July 10, 2011

By valeriy n_n (california) - See all my reviews

endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 endless 8 --- OMG!!! WTF!!! i accually watched every endless 8 episodes it was like a bad dream im sure there was a reason for it maybe to fill in a season but can you immagin watching that on t.v.???

and for the next 8 weeks all it is... is the same episode? 8 episodes just changed a little...

bad idea

after that the other episodes were good

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo Sep 08, 2011 1:44 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Review of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2, September 1, 2011
By
bloodsnake7 - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?) This review is from: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD)

*no spoilers* I'm an absolute fan of the series so of course I loved it. And obviously you would need to see the first season first, but if you get the first season don't watch episode 00 until you finish this, because watching that first confuses you, and the last arc in this season is of the SOS Brigade making the movie that's A. Being shown as episode 00, and B. The movie Kyon talks about them showing at the arts festival. This season does contain the endless 8 (episodes 2-9). Note that though the following concept sounds annoying, it is very entertaining. The endless 8 involves their endless summer vacation, now the seemingly annoying part is that all but the first and last episodes, you can expect to be the same, they have slight differences (what they wear,experiences, and some dialog) now the first seeming like a normal episode the last being them ending it, the actual story behind it is that Haruhi, for some reason wants to see summer last forever, and of course she has no idea, that is when her powers work, and make that happen. Now this is a very enjoyable arc, even though the plot sounds annoying. The last arc in the season being the first episode. This is the bamboo rhapsody, and sheds alot of light on the "3 years ago" everyone keeps mentioning. This is a very enjoyable arc in my opinion, and also becomes a VERY key part of the series. Now I realize that I've listed the arcs backwards (the actual order being: 1:The Bamboo Rhapsody, 2-9: The Endless 8, 10-end: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (where they make the movie) This set also includes a bonus disk with the full theme for the opening and ending, sung by Aya Hirano, meaning they're awesome if your into that music. This season is VERY necessary to watching the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (released September 20). This series is based off the light novels by Nagaru Tanigawa. This series is also responsible for the spawn of Lucky Star. Which was made solely on the promotion of this series, and about 90% of this series is multiple references to Haruhi, including Cameo appearances by some of the characters.

The first season of "Haruhi Suzumiya" is guaranteed to cheer you up with cute sexual innuendos, scientific mumbo-jumbo and a symbolic religious message hidden underneath the fan service.

The show is based on an oddball story, focusing on a high school boy named Kyon, who meets an unusual high school girl named Haruhi Suzumiya. The girl is a strange firebrand, who is more interested in aliens, espers (psychics) and time travelers than in actual humans. Somehow, Kyon strikes up an unusual friendship with this girl.

However, Kyon never planned on getting involved with starting up Haruhi's own club, the S.O.S. Brigade. The club's mission is to spread happiness around the world, through all the fetishes that anime geeks would love. Aliens. Psychics. And an adorable time traveler girl with big breasts. The show pretty much covers all of Kyon's experiences with Haruhi, the bossy dominatrix who may have mysterious powers of her own.

Although it is hard to discuss this series without revealing some major spoilers, the show is a major hit with college anime clubs in America for many reasons. The first episode is a big home movie spoof, where the high school characters try to act like Haruhi's favorite anime characters in an embarassing film project loaded with weird jokes. The ending credit sequence features the funniest and most infamous anime dance, performed by Haruhi and the other members of the S.O.S. Brigade. And the philosophical members of the S.O.S. Brigade always treat Haruhi like she's a supernatural being who has the willpower to change humanity as we know it.

Religious pundits will no doubt scoff at this off-kilter combination of sexual tension and philosophical dialogue. However, they will no doubt remember this series for all the jokes that seem to come out of nowhere. This is one of the few series that packs all the goofy anime-style fetishes that fans will love. You know, like girls in bunny suits, speedy fights with alien girls and philosophical jokes about the meaning of life. Even the broadcast of the show presented the episodes in an unconventional manner, like a anime-style version of "Pulp Fiction."

The show was also a milestone series which featured many new story-telling styles for an animated film. The narrative is told completely from the first-person perspective of Kyon. The first episode presents the animation from the lens of a shaky, indie-style camera. The tone of the series can switch drastically from light comedy to an apocalyptic thriller sequence. Unlike most anime shows with romantic comedy, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" features some frightening scenes in the fifth episode, with blood and gore.

The gutsy cinematography effects and genre bending stories all contribute to make this one of the most unusual anime series ever made. Although plenty of other romantic comedies delivered similar conservative themes of love and codependency, "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" was the only one that flooded the love story with the best gut-busting pop culture references. And anime has only gotten better because of it.

In short the series is awesome, and any Haruhiist will enjoy it thoroughly.

Report abuse | Permalink
Comment
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews - Seite 4 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews
Seite 4 von 5Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Weiter