Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Weiter
AutorNachricht
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7116
Bewertungssystem : 91

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Empty
BeitragThema: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 4:11 pm

Zuletzt von Haruhi Suzimiya am So Jul 21, 2013 7:21 pm bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
https://sosbrigaden.forumieren.de
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 4:25 pm

17 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-3-0._V192240710_ A decent follow up to 1st season., July 5, 2010
By DJCoach - See all my reviews

This review is from: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD)

After the enormous success of the 1st season of Haruhi Suzumiya many including myself couldn't wait for the second season. But unfortunately fans would be waiting for 3 years for the second season. Was it worth the wait? That's up to you to decide.

If you are not familiar with the series or read the novels you must keep in mind that the 2nd season is intertwined with the 1st season. So some of the story lines in the 2nd season will shed light on a few things that happened in the 1st season.

By now many have heard about the infamous Endless Eight arc in the second season but let's put that aside for now. The season starts off with Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, which is a very important episode and storyline in the Haruhi Saga. It's the first time we get to see Mikuru use her time traveling powers as she and Kyon must travel back in time 3 years. After they accomplish their mission the duo find that they are stranded and must find a way back home, which they do in a very interesting way.

Next is the Endless Eight storyline. Love it or hate it, E8 is a very important arc in the series. The SoS Brigade get stuck in a timeloop during their summer vacation and Kyon must figure out why Haruhi doesn't want their summer vacation to end.

The E8 arc is told in 8 episodes that are essentially the same but slightly different in tone, acting & mood. E8 also sees the growth of two characters, Nagato seems to be developing emotions & Kyon takes a step forward to being an active member of the SoS Brigade instead of a bystander.

The remaining episodes are dedicated to the Sigh arc, which is the making of the movie from the 1st season. You will find out why Nagato tackled Mikuru, why the cat started talking, what's the deal with Mikuru's different colored eyes & ultimately who put it all together!!

It is during these last few episodes that provide the darkest moments in the series to date. Kyon & Haruhi have a epic confrontation over, "creative differences" that threatens the world. Of course it is up to Kyon once again to find a way to tame Haruhi and put things back in order.

The animation is top notch once again, especially during the darker moments of the series. There is great dramatic lighting during the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, the night scenes of E8 and during the confrontation in Sigh.

The music is not as memorable as 1st season but Superdriver (the opening song) and Tomare (the ending song which means Stop) are energetic & catchy enough to be heard & watched over and over. I found the best score part to be at the resolution of the E8 arc.

I look forward to the English dub of the 2nd season. I am very curious as to how Wendee Lee, Crispin Freeman & Michelle Ruff will handle the E8 arc and the confrontation. Of course the Japanese va's are excellent as well.

In the end I wanted to really love the 2nd season of Haruhi, but I was found wanting a better effort from the stories. Personally, I felt the E8 arc should've been two episodes. I would've like to have seen a more fleshed out Sigh arc because it felt rushed. Then I really would've liked to have seen a set up of the Disappearance storyline.

Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report this | Permalink

Comments (2)

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 4:31 pm

4 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-5-0._V192240867_ its in ENGLISH TOO, August 29, 2010
By Zero.eoj - See all my reviews

This review is from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD)

Its a great series, and yes, its dubbed in English, its kinda confusing in the item description where it says language Japanese. Yup, Also has a CD with the Opening and Ending themes. =) 5/5

Report this | Permalink

Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 4:47 pm

6 of 8 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-5-0._V192240867_ A masterpiece, indeed, August 9, 2010
By CheCarlos (Puerto Rico) - See all my reviews

Endless Eight is indeed a masterpiece. I noticed the same things our fellow reviewer did: how the creators played around with the different iterations of the loop. It's particularly awesome how they play with the repetitions for the sake of humor. Sometimes the characters assume convoluted poses for the sake of being dramatic and deliver their lines differently for each episode. On one of the last episodes of Endless Eight, Asahina Mikuru even unintelligibly babbles her lines at one point, clearly playing with the fact that we will know what she's saying even if we do not understand it.

I will admit that Endless Eight is one of those things where people either "get it" or "don't get it". It is true that the same resources invested in Endless Eight could have been used for other purposes. However, the same people that cry over Endless Eight are the same people that complain about lack of innovation in anime. Yet once innovative storytelling and character development hit them squarely in the face, they go on a rampage about how the creators didn't respect fans' insatiable desire for clichés.

What Kyoto animation has achieved with the Endless Eight arc (as they also did with the non-chronological airing of the first season) is an anime series that constantly defies expectations and surprises you in countless ways, shattering conventions and shunning clichés. I know another series that did that. Maybe other people have heard of it? It's called Evangelion.

Aside from Endless Eight, this season includes the animated adaptation of the novel "The Sigh of Suzumiya Haruhi" (available in English from Little Brown Press). I had read the novel before watching the adaptation, and I can say the adaptation is amazing. The climax of the story is a showcase of storyboarding and art directing genius that elevates the original scene from the novel to a truly awe-inspiring moment.

Fully recommended 5/5.

Report this | Permalink

Comments (2)

Initial post: Aug. 19, 2010 2:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug. 19, 2010 3:01 PM PDT
Casey Chastain schrieb:
I can disagree on the "get it" or "don't get it" part of the review. I fully got the point and everything else of the Endless Eight Arc, I just did not like it. I can appreciate it for what it is and what they did with it, but not really enjoy it. Though too say the least, it really isn't what I'd call a masterpiece. Dunno what I would call one, but I just don't think Endless Eight falls under that category. Eh, we're all entitled to our opinions though.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug. 19, 2010 9:27 PM PDT
CheCarlos schrieb:
Fair enough. In the end, for one to like something, it has to match one's tastes.

I'd like to add that I don't just like Endless Eight because of its technical merits. I thoroughly enjoyed it and looked forward to see the variations on the next iteration of the loop and just enjoy the characters' interaction with each other, as well as admire the wonderful art direction that goes on.

Also hier in dem Reviewbereich finde ich die Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 weit unterschätzt und gewollt ein Imageschaden der Staffel 2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) herbeigeführt. Warum? Die Season 2 Melancholy of Jaruhi Suzumiya (2009) ist nicht schlechter und sogar Erfolgsweiterführend wie die Season 1 und der Haruhi Film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 4:51 pm

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-5-0._V192240867_ don't belive the eights people, August 28, 2010
By tantei - See all my reviews

the endless eights is not anywhere close to as bad as everyone says. I personally liked it, I thought it was interesting. all the other episodes are very good as well.with Bamboo leaf Rhaposdy being my favorite episode of the whole series.

Report this | Permalink

Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 5:03 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-3-0._V192240710_ Ummm...., September 12, 2010
By Charles Stuckey "stuck-fla" (Florida) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Help:
This review is from:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 (DVD)

This is a pretty average series overall, though there are some interesting concepts involved. I've seen there is a new series coming out and I hope it is better. I've watched this series once, most of my anime gets watched twice in the first month alone... but I've been lucky in getting some really good ones, thanks in part to reviews left here. At $20-$25 I'd consider it worth picking up, but it needs to be put into a slim case.

Report this | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 5:11 pm

0 of 2 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-2-0._V192240756_ Before you post one stars on here..., September 10, 2010
By sagnessagiel - See all my reviews

The set of Blu-rays have had very good sales in Japan, no matter how much those otakus complained about it. Those same otakus still went out and bought it. Those set of Blu-rays are about $110. So, in Japan, fanservice still trumps creativity and plot.

(Oh yeah, they did this as making Disappearance as a movie would make unimaginable amounts of money. After that plan, all they needed to do was to air the episodes in between, but they were not long enough for 13 episodes. Endless Eight filled that hole.)

Disappearance has made 200 million yen and has been at Japan's top 10 list of movies for a while. Fans love it so much that they keep coming to see it, even though they've seen it about 6-100 times. I'm not kidding. It's still going strong. Kyoto Animation will probably do this for the next smash hit. I mean, no matter how much you dump crap on Haruhi fans, they still come back for more.

Report this | Permalink

Comment

Also hier in dem Reviewbereich finde ich die Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 weit unterschätzt und gewollt ein Imageschaden der Staffel 2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) herbeigeführt. Warum? Die Season 2 Melancholy of Jaruhi Suzumiya (2009) ist nicht schlechter und sogar Erfolgsweiterführend wie die Season 1 und der Haruhi Film The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 5:50 pm

13 of 26 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Endless 8 is a masterpiece, June 21, 2010
By Matthew A. Brannock - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Lot's of rage and otaku tears surrounded the haruhi franchise when endless 8 was airing. Nobody could believe they would seriously animate 8 almost identical shows. Except for me. I was hoping they would do 8, and to my elation they fulfill my expectations. Not only that, tho, but each episode had a different mood and feel, slowing becoming more and more hopeless. It was a great experience for me, so this "season 2" set will be a first-day purchase from me

Report this | Permalink
Comments (15)

Initial post: June 22, 2010 8:54 AM PDT
David L. Castro schrieb:
My family and friends though I was crazy to torture myself every week. But I too enjoyed the endless 8 series (except for the ending). I will definitely be purchasing this DVD!

In reply to an earlier post on June 23, 2010 1:09 PM PDT
Matthew A. Brannock schrieb:
What??? the ending to endless 8 was the most epic part. I was seriously doubting if kyon would pull through or not, and then he started ranting about doing homework which was just amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on June 23, 2010 5:54 PM PDT
J_G schrieb:
[Deleted by the author on June 28, 2010 10:31 AM PDT]

-

In reply to an earlier post on June 25, 2010 11:05 PM PDT
well, that's given, since endless 8 takes place before the filming of the movie

-

In reply to an earlier post on June 27, 2010 9:48 PM PDT
Episode 00 was the movie, so you should be

Posted on June 28, 2010 5:19 AM PDT
Sandra J. Vincent schrieb:
Troll.

Posted on July 4, 2010 3:54 AM PDT
Agent Excel schrieb:
Nice review. I too felt more hopeless as the show wore on. Unlike you, I did not enjoy it. I think I gave up at the 6th viewing. I'll rent it to see how it ends.

Posted on July 5, 2010 8:20 AM PDT
DJCoach schrieb:
Well, to each their own I guess. I understand what they were trying to do with the E8 arc but it was a storyline that should've been summed up in two episodes. I would've liked to have seen a more fleshed out arc of Sigh and set up the Disappearance storyline.

For me the best part of the 2nd season was Haruhi & Kyon's confrontation during the Sigh arc and Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody. It provided a great deal of darkness that the 1st season lacked.

It wasn't just fans that had strong reactions to the E8 arc, the voice actors, production crew & 1st season director were against it too. But everyone has to make that choice for themselves.

I for one am hesitant to buy this set simply because of the E8 arc but the pre-order price is very tempting.

In reply to an earlier post on July 6, 2010 10:50 AM PDT
Yes, everyone had strong reactions to it. That's how you know it's art. It makes you feel something. If it was just 1 or 2 episodes, the impact of the end wouldn't have been as great as it was.

And the sighs arc is worth the price just by itself. It took the worst book, imo, and made something amazing out of it.

In reply to an earlier post on July 21, 2010 4:44 PM PDT
Ms. Gemma N. Cresswell schrieb:
so will this be dubbed? what did J_G say as his comment deleted as on my review which i know wasnt a review were i asked if this is dubbed id just like someone to tell me! Smile

Posted on July 28, 2010 12:22 PM PDT
Ps360 schrieb:
I have to agree. Endless Eight is one of the best parts of the whole season if not the whole series

Habt ihr das eben gelesen diesen letzten post von Ps360? OO° Er stimmt zu, Endless Eight ist der beste Part der Season 2.. wenn nicht überhaupt von der gesamten Serie! Ok ist vielleicht ein bisschen übertrieben formuliert weil die Season 1 auch sehrt gut ist und die Season 2 an die Erfolge dieser Serie Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anhing. Na ich würde sagen.. das ist ein Wort!

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 5:57 pm

2 of 7 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-3-0._V192240710_ Please never you mind the several five star Flagellation styled reviews for this 2nd season..., August 19, 2010
By T. Coleman - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

Two Stars for the beginning and end stories.
One for the animation.

And if you do buy this complete box, it would hurt you not a bit to JUMP episode 3 to 9 for those are the WORST FUBARed up part of any series to print in the History of media -outside of the Prisoner show-. The Original series director nixed the idea for the First season and sadly he wasn't working for kyoto animation by the second season to stop it from happening again!

nuanced? majestic and beautiful? more like Nausea inducing rage that had to be endured when viewing. What could of been done in TWO episodes dragged out for almost NINE! It may of dubbed "endless eight" as in eight episodes, but half of episode 2 began this mess. The first tightly weaved and "majestic" episode neatly tied together many moments out of the first season. All in ONE episode! The ones following the abominable "endless eight" did as well, but sadly. That meant the story really never went forward narratively. The company pushed it further with a movie after the second season, but by the end of it. The Blatant retard that is kyon became too much to bare.

The show yet again is wonderfully animated outside of the Hanna Barbara styled "endless eight" with rehashed shots, so that should be the Only real reason to purchase this 2nd season.

Report this | Permalink
Comment (1)

Initial post: Aug. 19, 2010 1:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug. 19, 2010 1:36 PM PDT
CheCarlos schrieb:
Actually, Endless Eight does not consist of "rehashed shots". If you look carefully, each episode uses its own storyboarding as well as different art style/art direction. Some episodes have a K-On!-type feel; others the typical Haruhi feel. Some have really bright colors; others more toned-down ones. Also, the Endless Eight cycle develops Nagato Yuki in a very unique way, and makes the viewers feel a very unique sympathy towards Nagato, one that can only be done through the style of Endless Eight.

I have the impression that you have not watched Endless Eight in its entirety with careful attention to detail. If this is the case, you should not be reviewing the product.

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 6:03 pm

0 of 4 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-10 A waste of time, August 27, 2010
By Andy B (Palo Alto) - See all my reviews

Eight episodes with the exact same plot. Be warned.

Animation and voice acting are good. Those eight episodes have different bathing suits for the girls. But there's no payoff and it gets pretty tedious after the third time. Definitely not worth the price.

Report this | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 6:34 pm

2 of 8 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-3-0._V192240710_ endless eight, August 12, 2010
By kenneth zike - See all my reviews

the endless eight story arc really makes the price for the second season seem way to much. that story arc should have been done in two passes instead of eight. you are paying for 6 original episodes with 6 filler episodes. the manga did the endless eight arc in just 2 passes.$45 for this is just as stupid as those 6 episodes.

Report this | Permalink

Comment[url][/url][url][/url]

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 6:44 pm

4 of 23 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-1-0._V192241078_ A Blatant Abuse of the Fans, August 9, 2010
By Bryan Weber (San Angelo, TX) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

I will not be purchasing Season 2 of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I would advise anyone who wants to spend their money wisely to avoid doing so as well.

This season contains the infamous Endless Eight storyline, an egregious abuse of the fans. What was a few pages in the original light novels has been expanded into an eight episode abomination that would test the patience of even a Saint.
This might have been tolerable, save for the fact that it takes up over half the season, when there were so many more stories from the novels that could have been incorporated.

For this travesty, this plague among anime, I will not waste my money investing in Season 2 of Haruhi.

If you like endless repetition and being bored to tears, by all means, invest in this set. Otherwise, save yourself the time and money, and pick up something more original and imaginative.

Report this | Permalink
Comments (3)

Posted on Aug. 12, 2010 10:01 PM PDT
Brian A. schrieb:
Good one on supporting the anime industry and the voice actors that had to do eight episodes of what could be the same thing, and there is a English dub dude. Why don't you go lurk some more.

Or should I direct you to the right information? http://store.bandai-ent.com/The_Melancholy_of_Haruhi_Suzumiya_Season_2_p/669198208492pre.htm

DVD Disc Specs
Audio: Japanese, English
Subtitles: Full English
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Total Run Time: Approx. 350 min.
Region: 1 (North America)
Rating: 13 Up

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm

1 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-5-0._V192240867_ is this going to be dubbed or subbed?, July 14, 2010
By Ms. Gemma N. Cresswell "gemie" (england) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

i dont know what this is going to be as i have ordered dvds from amzon before like the new clannad dvd but amazon but it was subbed but someone wrote a review saying it was dubbed? and i got it and it was dubbed Smile
can someone help me as i really want to see season 2 of this soo badly!!!

Report this | Permalink
Comments (6)

Shme:
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMi Sep 15, 2010 3:17 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Glad I pre-ordered this..., September 14, 2010
By Jarod Oates "Xeroz" - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase (What's this?)

Just got mine today (9-14-10), and boy am I glad I pre-ordered this at the $44.99 price. I'm sorry but the price they have it at now $61 does seem a little pricey, but I'm sure any true Haruhi fans would gladly shell it out. Sorry if you didn't catch that pre-order price, if u did congrats on saving some money. Will probably go down eventually but I wouldn't expect it to for a while. So if you see it under $50 somewhere u'd probably better snatch it up.

Review: I'll update this review after watching it.

Report this | Permalink
Comment

ES stimmt das ist vollkommen korrekt was Jarod Oates eben sagte weil ich es auch weiss. Die Season 2 von Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya kostete noch am 13. September 2010 ca $44.00 und über Nacht genau am Release-Darum stieg der Preis in Amazon wieder um 30% auf $61.49
So ist man irgendwie gezwungen auf anderen Ausweichsmöglichkeiten wie AxelMusic (33,80 Euro) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Season 2 (5 Discs) (4 DVDs/CD)
(With CD, 5PC)
oder DVD Pacific-Movies ($35.74) umsteigen, wobei ich natürlich mein Geschäft eher bei AM es abwickeln werde.
Was geschieht aber auf Amazon.com mit der Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2? Käufer die nun aus Freude an dem Tag der Release sich endlich die S2 E8 sich kaufen zu können reservierten ihn und schon sieg der Preis über Nacht. Gerade so als wenn jemand ein Desaster über die Season 2 im US-Amazon Onlineshop zum verkauf der S2 hereinbringen wollte weil so werden wollende Käufer der Season 2 alleine vom Preis abgeschreckt sein. Das zweite Übel sind die
Customer Reviews The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Season 2 die wenn man sich die Sachlage so ansieht eher verarschend oder trollend sind wie wirken in ihren Reviews und die Bewertungen unrichtig bis hin zu verfehlt von schlecht bis sehr gut angediehen wurden. Aber dennoch ist es so wenn man bedenkt dass zwischen der Season 1 von Haruhi Suzumiya.. dem Movie Haruhi no Shoushitsu und der Season 2 kein grosser Qualitätsunterschied unterliegt und Kyoto Animation der viel von Konsumenten herabgewürdigten Season 2 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (2009) mit viel Liebe.. Action Spannung.. Entertainment und mit viel Fun produziert wurde und keinesfalls den selben Inhalt wie die Season 1 beinhält.
Ein grosser und fataler Denk-irrtum der Haruhi-Fans weil wie uns die Geschichte lehrte Endless Eight (Endless 8 oder E8 von Fans liebevoll genannt) den hohen Unterhaltungswert wie auch Freude über dieses Kleinod verfügen. So geschehen dann in freundlichen und hellen Tagen nichts ahnend jene Katastrophen die eigentlich zu verhindern gewesen wären würde ein jeder einzelne der beteiligten sich nicht schämen es zu zugeben was ihnen so sehr gefällt. Aber das Leben spielt oft verrückt und treibt seltsame Blüten.

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMi Sep 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Amazon.com A masterpiece, indeed, August 9, 2010 By CheCarlos (Puerto Rico) Comments #3

Posted on Sept. 15, 2010 7:39 AM PDT
J schrieb:
Thank you! Someone who finally sees Endless Eight the way I do! I never understood what all the hate was about.
I thought Endless Eight was brilliant.
Sure, the same events are happening but everything else is entirely different. The animation, the angles, the clothes, the voice acting. They assigned each episode to 8 different groups so that also makes each episode different, even in the most subtle ways. Not once did I feel like I was watching the "same episode" again. It was truly unique and creative. It's a shame that more people couldn't appreciate it.

Google Translator / Übersetzer (from english to german)

Ich stimme J voll und ganz zu und auf meinen Lippen wiegt sich die selbe Frage.. Wenn Endless 8 so ein geniales Meisterwerk ist, warum können es die Leute einfach nicht schätzen?!
Ich zu meinem Teil denke mir wenn sich Leute Animes ansehen die ihnen im eigentlichen gefällt dann ist es wohl die Wut weil es eben ist wie es ist und leider nicht so wie es sich manche Leute wünschen würden. Meine Meinung ist es auch dass viele Otakus einfach nur zu verhätschelt sind und daher Top-Animationen nicht genügend zu schätzen wissen. Vielleicht hatte Endless Eight manche Leute einfach so überfordert mit dem doch oft komplizierten Story-Plot wie eben Haruhi Sigh? Man könnte für diese Dinge eigentlich eine FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) Webseite oder Blog kreieren :3
Gute Idee werde ich Morgen so eins in meinem Blog veröffentlichen. Der name des Artikel wird 'Endless Eight FAQ' sein, gute Idee.

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMi Sep 15, 2010 11:58 pm

Amazon.com Please never you mind the several five star Flagellation styled reviews for this 2nd season..., August 19, 2010 By T. Coleman Comment #2

earlier post
CheCarlos:
In reply to an earlier post on Sept. 13, 2010 2:04 PM PDT
S. F. schrieb:
I think that's kind of a harsh comment. I love the series, and I did purchase the Bandai version in order to support future releases, but I do have to admit that after watching the same plot, if not the exact same animation, over and over again, it just seemed that they could have gone the Ground Hog Day route, 3 episodes into the arc, of specific parts being repeated, instead of the whole thing for 8 episodes. You do notice certain differences from episode to episode (like the different outfits and certain nuances to the dialogue), but after doing that for three episodes, how carefully are you really going to be paying attention to detail anymore? I tried to keep up with everything, but I think after the 4th time, I started to fast forward through most of the next 3 episodes, only watching the main segments (and of course the end to see if there had been any progress in the story).
For what it is, I think it's an awesome series, but I just wish there were more original episodes. You have to admit, this is something they would never be able to get away with out here with any series on TV, even with trying to repeat two episodes. If you had a ground hog day like episode, people would expect it to be resolved within that episode. Then again, I don't think most people out here would get the charm of Haruhi either. So I think that's where I'm at a loss at. Love the series, but hated the fact that they took up 5 slots more where I could have gotten new adventures, even if they might have been just filler episodes.
I have to admit that even though I rated season one 5 stars, I think the 3 star review for season two is pretty fair.

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeDo Sep 16, 2010 12:29 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-2-0._V192240756_ Lack-luster And A Disapointment, September 15, 2010
By Jason Coskun "J.Cosk" - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

I give it 1 star for the first episode and a half. The rest of the season (for the most part) contains the infamous "Endless-8" story line. Something that was only a few pages in the light novel has been expanded into 8 long and dull full length episodes. Only a few things change per episode and then its back to step one again. So much wasted potential for a new season. Was this some sort of joke by the producers? How was this a good idea? Skip this season like the plague if you can. I wouldn't even support the redistributor for picking up the second season for an English release. I personally felt this is some ploy to get the crazy fans in Japan to buy more DVDs, why buy an OVA when you can get a whole new season right? (Wrong) You'll find more enjoyment rewatching the first season repeatedly than season 2.

I give it 1 star for the first episode and a half. The rest of the season (for the most part) contains the infamous "Endless-8" story line. Something that was only a few pages in the light novel has been expanded into 8 long and dull full length episodes. Only a few things change per episode and then its back to step one again. So much wasted potential for a new season. Was this some sort of joke by the producers? How was this a good idea? Skip this season like the plague if you can. I wouldn't even support the redistributor for picking up the second season for an English release. I personally felt this is some ploy to get the crazy fans in Japan to buy more DVDs, why buy an OVA when you can get a whole new season right? (Wrong) You'll find more enjoyment rewatching the first season repeatedly than season 2.

I give it 2 stars for the first episode and a half. The rest of the season (for the most part) contains the infamous "Endless-8" story line. Something that was only a few pages in the light novel has been expanded into 8 long and dull full length episodes. Only a few things change per episode and then its back to step one again. So much wasted potential for a new season. Was this some sort of joke by the producers? How was this a good idea? Skip this season like the plague if you can. I wouldn't even support the redistributor for picking up the second season for an English release. I personally felt this is some ploy to get the crazy fans in Japan to buy more DVDs, why buy an OVA when you can get a whole new season right? (Wrong) You'll find more enjoyment rewatching the first season repeatedly than season 2.

Have fun reading my review? If yes then go out and buy this product right now, if not then skip it and wait for a North American release of the upcoming Haruhi movie that aired last summer in Japan. You'll then get your money's worth, trust me. I'll admit I haven't given the product itself a fair review, but I found that if the content is as lacking as this then no amount of pretty box art or trailers/commentary will make up for what you get in the end (see review title).

Report this | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeDo Sep 16, 2010 12:39 am

Jetzt hab ich beim durchlesen des Reviews von diesem Jason Coskun erst bemerkt, warum hat er seinen Text 8 mal den selben Absatz wiederholt? oO Was macht das für einen Sinn? Siehe post davor (oder -Link zu Amazon Comments| rauf scrollen)
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeDo Sep 16, 2010 11:07 am

Amazon.com Please never you mind the several five star Flagellation styled reviews for this 2nd season..., August 19, 2010 By T. Coleman Comment #2

earlier post
S. F.:
In reply to an earlier post on Sept. 15, 2010 4:22 PM PDT
CheCarlos schrieb:
I appreciate and commend your commitment to supporting the anime industry in general, and Suzumiya Haruhi in particular. I also appreciate that you took time to calmly and respectfully reply to my comment.

That said, however, it's clear that I was right. You did not watch Endless Eight in its entirety.

But I still appreciate your clear love for anime and Haruhi, and thank you for your meaningful reply.

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeFr Sep 17, 2010 9:50 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-5-0._V192240867_ Its still good, September 16, 2010
By Alec - See all my reviews

Here is the thing.... i get what they were trying to do on the first 2 discs aka the episodes on them but the fact that you can literally watch 2-3 episodes on the first disc then skip the 2nd disk and pick up on the 3rd and miss nothing... is a bit scary. Thing is, i think this is because we had to deal with movies like The Butterfly effect and ground hog day. Now i did like how in every episode it was drawn in a slightly different view and the dialog would change. I think they really could of atleast made reference to some of the other stuff that was supposedly happening during some of the other 15531 times.

On the other hand if you watch it all the way through in one setting you will really feel like you had a major deja vu and probably have a weird feeling in the back of your head for a few hours. The makes of this had huge shoes to fill though with how much expectation was surrounding the release so maybe this was just to numb us back down to reality and get us leveled out on the series ha.

Now im finishing up the rest from the 3rd disc but after those opening episodes its back to the good ol stuff we love.

Report this | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeSo Sep 19, 2010 6:58 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-2-0._V192240756_ Not worth the Price., September 18, 2010
By ArmyofDarkness - See all my reviews

Haruhi Suzumiya is a great series, but this season is not worth a price tag of 60 dollars. To begin this season only contains 14 episodes which is on the short side of an anime. Add in the fact that 8 of these 14 episodes are essentially the same exact episode with different clothing on the characters, and you have 6 episodes of a good anime coming to 10 dollars an episode. Now I don't know how you value entertainment, but 10 dollars for 24 minutes of fun is not a good buy in my opinion. Stay away till a decent price drop.

Report this | Permalink
Comment

Und wieder üble Mundpropaganda. Jede einzelne Episode der Season 2 ist für sich seinen Preis wert und Konsumenten-Reviewer haben kein Recht die Season anhand wegen Endless Eight runter zu machen, da die 8 Episoden von E8 ebenso wie die Season 1 hochqualitative Episoden sind und um nichts schlechter in Qualität oder Entertainment nach steht. Obwohl sorry ok sicher.. ich will natürlich niemanden das Recht absprechen seine Meinung sagen zu dürfen, nur niemand von den Herrschaften die Customer von Amazon.com, wenn sie der Season 2 von Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuuutsu (2009) ein schlechtes Image verpassen somit auch dem Haruhi Movie eine niedrige Note geben weil sie zusammenhängend wirken.

Nach oben Nach unten
LLN
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 20, 2010 11:42 am

Wer in anderen Gewässern kehrt der bekommt plundern.
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 20, 2010 4:49 pm

LLN schrieb:
Wer in anderen Gewässern kehrt der bekommt plundern.

Ich kehre doch in keine gewässer und ausserdem wäre es mir dafür viel zu nass. Und bitte was meinst du mir Plundern? Puder.. Plunder? xD Ne sorry plundern hatte ich bis jetzt noch nie bekommen auch noch nicht beim kehren in Pfützen xD
Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeMo Sep 20, 2010 6:09 pm

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-10 The Facepalm of Suzumiya Haruhi, September 20, 2010
By SunlitSoul - See all my reviews

To begin, let me get something out of the way. I'm a avid fan to the series. I have reading the light novels, I watched Seasons 1 and 2 as they aired from Japan, and I even buy the manga; please some kind manga company release The Vanishment of Nagato Yuki-chan. I really love the source material, the characters, and the universe itself. Unfortunately, now, I need to get on to the unpleasant business at hand. "Season 2", actually the second part of Japan's season 1, is absolutely dreadful and left me in a state of absolute horror.

How is that possible, for a long time fan, and supporter of this franchise to say such? It's quite simple my friends, let me explain. The first episode of the series, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was an absolute brilliant start and had me in intense high hopes that my wait would pay off. I wish I could say that BLRs quality and excellence of storytelling was indicative of the rest of the season. Unfortunately, my hopes were to be smashed quicker than Britney Spears first marriage. I was introduced to the absolute terror that was Endless Eight.

Most people are familiar with the film Groundhogs Day, i'd hope? If not, go out and buy it; because a DVD of that is bound to be more entertaining and cause you less pain than Endless Eight does. The concept is exactly the same, where Kyon is stuck in a time loop where he relives the same events over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Kyoto Animation, trying to be cunning like with their out of order broadcast of the first season, created a monster that lives you in despair; there's really no other word for it.

Each episode play out slightly different, with characters having different outfits and with the camera angles being different on scenes. However, the content of the episode remains exactly the same, and plays out a total of eight times; easily proving to be the greatest waste of animation, time, and budget since Delgo. Kyoto Animation played on peoples hopes of even getting more episodes of this series, JUST to spend the majority of the season on repeating the same content 8 times.

The remaining episodes of the season, which is the five episode story arc called The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya. Unfortunately, for individuals like me who read the light novel, said story is easily the weakest Haruhi story to date. For those that watched season 1, you'll remember the quirky "first episode" entitled The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru Episode 00. This story is the filming and creation of the SOS-dan's film, which unfortunately means in a lot of ways it's a retelling of that episode. So, when you add it all up? 13 episodes of the season are basically not new material, leaving Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody to be the only real new episode in "season 2".

That's it, just one single episode out of a 14 episode boxset. This then brings us to the point of the MSRP of this set, for 14 episodes they want to charge 65 dollars; brought down to 61, by Amazon. If this season had been fantastic, with 100 percent new content sure I can imagine there'd be no hesitation to buy this set. However, you are going to be spending about 37 dollars JUST on Endless Eight. Yes, you are throwing away nearly 40 dollars to see the same content 8 times. In turn, you'll be spending 23 dollars on Sigh; which as I pointed out earlier isn't truly new content either.

Do yourself a favor, and save yourself that money. Use it instead to buy the hard cover versions of the light novels that are currently available on Amazon. You can also take the remaining money, and invest in some of Funimation's new S.A.V.E anime boxsets. My personal recommendation is you invest in Kanon, and AIR; two series that were both animated by Kyoto Animation and are equal or greater quality to Suzumiya Haruhi.

I'm begging you, if you like this franchise don't give it any money. Bandai doesn't deserve to make any money off of Endless Eight, and let's be realistic are you really going to want to rewatch this boxset after you buy it?

Report this | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
iWashtaging Suzimiya
Admin
iWashtaging Suzimiya

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitimeDi Sep 21, 2010 10:46 am

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Stars-2-0._V192240756_ DVD Quality Lacking, September 20, 2010
By J. Yuen - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)

If you want to know what people think of the show's content, read other reviews. The reason I give this DVD set 2 stars is because the video quality is rather poor in my opinion. In many of the episodes there are artifacts and it looks like the interlacing is not smooth in many scenes. I know other anime DVDs have this issue but those don't have as much nor as noticeable a problem. Even shows that have 6-7 episodes compressed onto one DVD look better than this. Another nagging issue is that there is a slight shift in color and quality between some frames, which is most obvious during the repeated dark still scenes in Endless Eight. It's a bit subtle at first, but once you notice, it can drive you mad. My suggestion is to hold out for the possibility of a blu-ray edition and see if that's any better. I'm hoping Bandai will release a bundle similar to the Japanese blu-ray edition without the ridiculous price.

One positive is that the subtitles are less intrusive than before. They're still yellow and somewhat large, but they're a lot easier to read and don't take up the bottom third of the screen. Also, I'm glad Bandai includes a decent amount of special features rather than just trailers for other shows and textless endings, unlike a certain popular distributor. The CD of the OP and ED was also an awesome bonus, even if it was strange to include a full-size CD for only 2 tracks (why not include instrumental versions or something else if you have the space?).

Report this | Permalink
Comment

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews   SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

SH: Amazon.com Season 2 Reviews
Seite 1 von 5Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Weiter